< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem: Vista 64 Windows DVD Maker does not recognize codec
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

vwfs68
Posted 2/9/2009 1:11 PM (#1883)
Subject: Problem: Vista 64 Windows DVD Maker does not recognize codec

Hi,

I would like to first say a big thank you for the wonderful codecs ... I have been using the Codecs and swear by it.

Recently, I have just acquired a new Computer running Vista 64, I have installed the Codecs with 32bit 7.7 version (with Shark 007), and also I just downloaded the latest x64 bit add-on.

Both instances I am able to view the videos with Windows Media Player, and Media Player Classic; however, I could not get Windows DVD Maker to import even an AVI file.

Also I would like to say that on the same computer I have multiple users, I have multiple user profiles, 1 admin profile, 2 standard user profile. I am unable to run WMP or MPclassic on the standard profiles, but runs fine when I use admin profile.

Perhaps this has something to do with the registry settings not installing the right registries for the other user profiles?

Perhaps you can test it.

Thanks.

Regards.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 3/9/2009 7:27 PM (#1886 - in reply to #1883)
Subject: Re: Problem: Vista 64 Windows DVD Maker does not recognize codec

Owner

Hi,
In Windows DVD Maker on Vista I could not see an option to enable or disable third party codecs. In Windows 7 it's a different matter, so perhaps there will be an update for Vista users.

As for start menu and registry settings, you can install the pack repeatedly for each user, that should resolve the issue for now.
For the next version of the packs I will try and enable the start menu shortcuts and registry entries for all users.
vwfs68
Posted 4/9/2009 4:02 PM (#1887 - in reply to #1883)
Subject: RE: Problem: Vista 64 Windows DVD Maker does not recognize codec

Hi Cole,

Thanks for the reply. I have used your Codec on Vista 32 and Windows DVD Maker works just fine. I believe it is a Vista 64 problem.

As for the registry codec problem for the other users I will try install for each user and see how it goes and update you.

Best Regards.
vwfs68
Posted 5/9/2009 5:52 PM (#1888 - in reply to #1883)

Here's the results of my attempts ...

If installing using for Multiple Users ... this is the result I had.

Using Standard User Profile ... installation does not install properly, had to to do the following steps:
1. Switch the user account to administrator account type.
2. Login to the account, install the main Cole2K pack, then installed Cole2K 64bit add-on, and then finally the Shark 007 64bit codec translator ...
(tested the main pack first - result - did not work; then installed the 64bit add-on - result - did not work; then installed Shark 007 pack - video plays fine. Program used MplayerC, and Windows Media Player ... what I meant as did not work ... MplayerC crashed WMP played random fractal images.)
Note: The Cole2K pack will work with Shark 007 without the 64bit add-on pack.
3. logoff and login to main admin account and switch user account back to standard user account type ... Mplayer and WMP will work fine ...
(Reason I need to switch other user accounts to standard user account type is because I need to implement Parental Controls.)

Windows DVD Maker still does not work, it says "AVI files is not a supported file type" - this is only happens on Vista 64, works fine on Vista 32.

Hope that helps.
Cole
Posted 6/9/2009 4:12 AM (#1889 - in reply to #1888)

Owner

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me, I'll make some alterations and post a test build.

As for Windows DVD maker, the problem is caused by Microsoft, but is resolved in Windows 7, it's up to them to update Vista users.
Cole
Posted 7/9/2009 8:41 AM (#1890 - in reply to #1889)

Owner

I've compiled the test builds, heres how to use them...
Install the codec packs under the Administrator account just as you would normally, next set the user accounts you wish to apply settings for to Administrators.
Log in to the user accounts and go to "Start/Programs/Cole2k Media - Codec Pack" in your start menu and click " - Reset Defaults - ". Repeat the last step for the x64 Add-on too.

Hope that helps, the links to the test builds are:
http://uk.cole2k.net/files/test/cole2k.media.-.codec.pack.v7.8.0.-a...
http://uk.cole2k.net/files/test/cole2k.media.-.codec.pack.v7.8.0.-x...

Let me know how you get on with it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.078 | Executed queries : 9

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk