< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Too many codecs!!!
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

lordylawks
Posted 5/1/2007 9:56 PM (#1390)
Subject: Too many codecs!!!

I work authoring audio and video on a Win 2K P4 system. I use a lot of different apps and have to be compatible with the whole world. Of course, this has meant I have been loading new codecs as and when I needed.

Last night, in a moment of far too tired madness, I downloaded the K-Lite Mega Codec pack - actually I was really only interested in the codec reporting tool but managed to load everything - I do mean just about everything.

Having had Cole2K for a long time with no problems at all I am suddenly completely buggered. QT movs do not decode audio correctly, Premier is not playing back audio from qt files etc. I assume I have loaded a conflicting codec. I have since uninstalled the K-Lite pack but am still having no joy with QT - and yes I have removed QT, reinstalled the latest Pro version but no joy.

I was thinking of uninstalling pretty much all the codecs I have loaded but am really unsure if this is wise - how do I determine what is broke and how do I best uninstall this? Ideally I would like to 'clean' the codecs from my system and reload the latest Cole pack.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions with this ...

Andrew
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 6/1/2007 12:42 AM (#1394 - in reply to #1390)
Subject: RE: Too many codecs!!!

Owner

Hi,

It is a fairly good idea to try and clean as many of the codec's from your system as possible.
I can't really offer much cleaning advice because of the sheer volume of codec's that the Mega Codec Pack installs.
The Mega Codec Pack can in some cases install as much as 500 megabytes of various filters, codec's, splitters, players and related items.

If you do a cleanup of codec's, filters, splitters and something breaks it can usually be restored to the operatings systems defaults by re-installing DirectX and Windows Media Player (They contain most of the default components).

The qt problem is probably caused by a conflict between QuickTime and the Mega Codec Pack.
You may have to search the web for some tips on that.

I hope that helps a little.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.063 | Executed queries : 10

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk