< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 98. Some bugs and some fixes for Cole2k pack
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 3 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

Mir
Posted 15/1/2007 1:36 PM (#1433 - in reply to #1432)
Subject: RE: Windows 98. Some bugs and some fixes for Cole2k pack

VsFilter debug finished:

to fix all VobSub errors (and i mean all of them) open FFDshow video configuration, find "output" in left panel and in that tab enable "Use overlay mixer"

VsFilter 2.37 shall work under windows 98 without any major restrictions in use (like image extensions), and without any errors.
Vsfilter 2.33 shall work for 5 seconds until it freezes - better to remove it from package, or at least set 2.37 as default version.

Maybe what shall be usable is "Load Default settings" in start menu >> cole2k, because fddshow and other filters grant really too much options and there are many ways how to screw up whole computer.

next i shall take a look at AC3 sound...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 16/1/2007 1:01 PM (#1434 - in reply to #1389)

Owner

Thanks Mir,

I tried that a few days ago but video output completely failed, I think it's down to me using a virtual PC though.
I'll try it on a full system and if it works ok on a low end graphics card I'll make it a default setting.

I think it may well be time to get rid of VSFilter 2.33 as you suggested and certainly would make the installer simpler.

As for ffdshow defaults, I'm considering making a configuration tool, with a feature to restore defaults but I'm not sure when I'll get it done.
A few other people have requested a configuration tool for ffdshow's settings in the past.
Mir
Posted 16/1/2007 3:11 PM (#1435 - in reply to #1389)

hmm. hard to say... virtual machine has some limitations when it comes to usage of this type of devices...

Also i have taken look at AC3 sound. Trouble with it was caused by divX codec, and fixed by genuine AC3 filter (not inter video). Intervideo works correctly when used standalone in cole2k, but may conflict if using another external decoder.

I have here TV tuner and for today i was testing FFDshow's realtime compressing ability. Quite impressive, but tvcapturing software that i use is littlebit buggy so i cant say if trouble are caused by codecs or by software

(for PV-951 card is no better software..., not even Dscaler works)

I recognized two strange behaviours which are surely connected with FFD encoder.
a) 8 frames has been captured, and rest of file is wasted... It is possibly caused by some settings in encoder but i havent diagnosed it yet... Default settings seems to work correctly.
b) When capturing with h264 resulted file has fast image not connected with sound, and after 7 second video stopped... It is possible that it was caused by high frame loss but i take a look on it

Edited by Mir 16/1/2007 3:15 PM
Cole
Posted 16/1/2007 8:18 PM (#1438 - in reply to #1389)

Owner

AC3Filter uses a lot less CPU power than the InterVideo one, I've never heard of InterVideo's filter conflicting with the DivX decoder, but at the same time I know it wasn't intended for Windows 98.

If you have a hardware encode feature on your TV card, that would normally be used by the application to capture a file.
If you encode via an external application and codec you will utilize the systems processor instead (normally), the results from which would be dropped frames if the processor won't keep up.
Other than h.264 what formats have you tried to encode?
Mir
Posted 17/1/2007 12:29 AM (#1439 - in reply to #1438)

Ad Capturing:
I have PV-951 tuner with Bt8x8 chip. Sound is Mono... No hardware compression present, it is just card designed for viewing TV on PC. Drivers are WDM provided by Ivan Uskov, manufacturers driver was useless. If i want to capture codec is needed...

I tried Divix 5 codec, one older Xvid, and newest 112 xvid, also Huffyuv, MSU lossless Mpeg4 VKI as standalone codecs.

Also i tested Mpeg4, MS Mpeg v2, Divx3, H264, h264, WMV 8, Huffyuv, FLV 1, Theora and Uncompressed settings from FFD.

Each of them worked.. more or less. Also i have some good videos captured by Xvid 0.4, but newer codecs are draining too much CPU power while doing realtime encoding...

since win98 may be unstable while running cpu comsuming tasks and capturing application is not much reliable i cannot be sure what was causing lockups and crashes - i can only compare FFD encoding and encoding done by other codecs...

And if i found some repeated bugs i must count with my weak processor power (1,125 ghz), and side effects of it...

There were several kinds of bugs which are definitely bounded to FFD encoder or its subparts:
1. sometimes missing video stream
2. Sometimes "unknown" video stream in file
3. Sometimes black screen captured
4. Non-standard h264 behaviour. Screen was captured (great quality and compression). For very first time was framedrop low, but captured video stream was played too fast and stopped after few seconds at last frame.
5. Sometimes 8 frames captured rest wasted - always when using bitrate based capturing, then it dissapeared...

In this case i am just at the beginning...

Ad ac3:
it seems that divix5 codec contains few filters. one for video and that one is helping to fix h264 videos in fullscreen. second one for sound, which is muting ac3 videos when using intervideo...
Mir
Posted 17/1/2007 12:26 PM (#1440 - in reply to #1439)

Ad Ac3 sound:
system rollback...
i installed Cyberlink filters this time. No AC3 sound support present.
Wmp, Mplayer2, Mdvdp Players were unable to play any sound. MDVDP 1.1 freezed system if playing ac3 movie with cyberlink installation. Media Player classic was able to play AC3 Movies with sound. it seems that it has its own AC3 sound support.

MPC: yes it has its own ac3 sound support

Edited by Mir 17/1/2007 12:34 PM
Mir
Posted 17/1/2007 1:09 PM (#1441 - in reply to #1389)

and some minor bugs in installer:

run installer, select expert installation. There is possibility to select following combinantions - "intervideo with select none" at same time and also is possible to select all filters - cyberlink and intervideo both at same time... this might be very confusing for users...

By the way what advantages have these filters over standard AC3 filter (for both are causing strange behaviour or malfunction of ac3 sound, specially with different codecs)?
Cole
Posted 17/1/2007 2:45 PM (#1444 - in reply to #1389)

Owner

Capturing:
Pretty much every codec you've tried to capture with has a high CPU requirement.
I think you've done quite well to capture a single frame.
If I remember correctly Huffyuv has quite a low requirement but the files are very large and disk I/O is often too high for most systems.

DivX 5:
It doesn't contain any audio filters.
You may find that it contains an MPEG-4 read/write filter though (mp4fil32.dll).

AC3:
The InterVideo and CyberLinks filters are licensed and certified by Dolby Laborotories.
Both are able to decode AC3 without any additional audio gain required.
The audio channels are already balanced.
Unfortunately both are intended for systems higher than Windows 98.

AC3Filter is not licensed or certified, it uses a gain control which results in a change of balance on the output channels.
AC3Filter is also too complicated for some users.
ffdshow can be used to decode AC3 and DTS with good results.
There is only one final/stable build of AC3Filter, but there are hundreds of final/stable builds by InterVideo and CyberLink.

Installer bugs:
You can use Cyberlink's MPEG2 filter along side InterVideo's AC3 filter and vice versa, but the installer will prevent both MPEG2 filters being used or both AC3 filters.
The select none feature is intended just to blank any previous setting that someone selects, the logic of how it works will not allow it to check back eg:
There are 2 option checks for 2 matched values on MPEG-2, AC3 selection and the selct none to blank the selections, so there are 5 options to check, a paired option to be allowed at the most and a single option to be allowed at least, but the single option also has to over-ride any paired selection.
It is possible to check every possible option but it would make the installers script far more complicated and harder to update.
Beginners already have the option to use the easy installation option and advanced users will normally know exactly what options they want.
Mir
Posted 17/1/2007 3:23 PM (#1445 - in reply to #1444)

here are some results for capturing with FFD Encoder:

Codecs which caused errors:
h263 - 8 frames, rest dropped, no image
h261 - 8 frames, rest dropped, black screen
WMV 7 - video stream cannot be decoded
WMV 8 - video stream cannot be decoded
Huffyuv - video stream cannot be decoded
DV - 8 frames captured, rest dropped, black screen
Snow - causing crash of capturing aplication, resulted file unreadable
FLV1 - video stream cannot be decoded
h264 - first second of video stream is played normally, rest is speeded up, high framedrop
h264 lossless - video cannot be played - seems like paused, high framedrop

Codecs with errors during play
WMV 7 - microsoft's codecs didnt helped. Enabled in FFD helped to decode but resulted image was mess
WMV 8 - microsoft's codecs didnt helped. Enabled in FFD helped to decode but resulted image was mess
Huffyuv, FLV1, H264 lossless - enabling in FFD helped to decode, good quality
h264 - enabling in FFD helped to fix errors during play of captured video.

H264 behaviour in fullscreen
If Divx5 is present, or H264 or FLV decodings are enabled in FFDshow H264's errors on fullscreen are fixed.

Videos which have been captured using FFDshow Encoder must be decoded by it. Usage of standalone decoder shall not help.

Remaining FFD codecs were working without any major error, mostly compression rate was 10 seconds = 3,2 MB, framedrop: 2 frames at start of every capturing, and sometimes more with newer codecs (h264, theora)

Settings:
Image size = 384x288
Encoding = YUY2, or YV12
data flow = -1
Framerate = 25
Sound = Mono
Compression = PCM, 44 100, 16bits, mono

Settings in FFD and FFD Encoder were kept at their defaults
I was also able to capture images of 768x576, but now is capturing aplication unable to capture larger images than 384x288.

Ad ac3:
AC3 is under GNU v2 as i know. I use build 0.70b... Sound with any AC3 was always unbalanced here (too silent with any filter used), and only correction that i found was in AC3 0.70b settings...

This is just question which ac3 filter would user prefer, but i shall choose ac3 0.70b, just for its compatibity, stability and wider range of options.

I really dont know which one (ac3 or intervideo) is more spreaded amongs users and people which are releasing videos on the internet, i think that for common user is not examining its function, he wants it to work, but from my experience and point of view is AC3 0.70b better.

Question is which one can be screwed up easier by other app installations on all OSs...

Edited by Mir 17/1/2007 3:27 PM
Casper
Posted 18/1/2007 3:51 AM (#1446 - in reply to #1389)

hi i do know cole2k pack dvd rip does not suport fat32 hdd which 98 & me uese
but i have found a way to fix the problem i decrypt movie only with cecrypter
then i ues another program called 2to1 before i burne it with nero 6
if you like to have 2to1 you can email me at emailaddressremoved@valid.not
then i can send it to you

Admin Comment: I've removed your email address from this post to prevent spammers from getting your address.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 3 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.109 | Executed queries : 11

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk