< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cole2k kills dvd playback
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

mexicanmike03
Posted 8/12/2006 8:14 AM (#1341)
Subject: Cole2k kills dvd playback

First off, i love this codec pack. However i am unable to find a way around a certain problem. Everytime i install the codec pack it kills my dvd playback capabilities on my mcepc. These dvd play straight from the internal or the attached multi-disc before the codec pack is installed, but after it says there is a codec missing or some nonsence. Also how do i get multi channel audio from a dvd without the codec pack. I have an optical and digital output but i can never get multichannel audio from the pc without this codec pack. Any help appreciated, thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 9/12/2006 9:45 PM (#1344 - in reply to #1341)
Subject: RE: Cole2k kills dvd playback

Owner

Hi, It sounds like you already have filters installed for DVD playback (filters from Nero Premium's Nero Vision at a guess), this will cause a conflict if you attempt to use other filters.

The best way for you to install the pack is to leave the DVD filters as they are and do the following:

Run the codec pack's installer and select "Expert Installation", when you get to the component options click the + sign next to "DVD/SVCD & DVB Filters" to expand the options, then tick the box next to "Select None".
Leave all other options as they are and continue untill you see the "ffdshow Audio Settings" page of the installer, tick the "AC3" and "DTS" boxes and click "Install"
That concludes the actual installation.

If you need to change the channel outputs for AC3 and DTS at any point you can do so through the start menu shortcut for "ffdshow Audio"
Cole
Posted 9/12/2006 9:47 PM (#1345 - in reply to #1341)

Owner

This article on my knowledgebase may be helpful for the audio settings if you have difficulties:
http://kb.cole2k.net/questions/2/How-do-I-setup-the-Codec-Pack-for-...
mexicanmike03
Posted 10/12/2006 6:19 AM (#1346 - in reply to #1341)

awesome. I kinda forgot about the pro install that allows for deselection of codecs. Thank you and keep up the good work.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.078 | Executed queries : 10

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk