< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vista RTM Install and Media Center Issues
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

dasimn
Posted 2/12/2006 3:11 AM (#1333)
Subject: Vista RTM Install and Media Center Issues

I'm using Vista RTM (32-bit Ultimate Edition) and have come across two issues:

1- During the installation I get 3 version.dll "Entry Point Not Found" errors for VerQueryValueA. I'm guessing this is a check for non-NT unsupported operating systems. For the first two the setup seems to continue normally but on the third it stops the installation eventhough it states it was installed correctly.

Note: I did try running the setup application in XP SP2 compatible mode with the same results.

2- When I try to watch a xvid avi it works properly in Media Player but crashes Media Center. I thought I read that Cole2k was Media Center 2005 compatible, if it wasn't then ignore this =)

If needed I can provide crash dump files for either problem.

-Dasimn

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 2/12/2006 4:02 AM (#1334 - in reply to #1333)
Subject: RE: Vista RTM Install and Media Center Issues

Owner

Hi,
I'm aware of the issue with version.dll (It checks the windows version before install, but version.dll does not understand the version number it gets back from Vista "6.0").
Hopefully I will release a newer version of the codec packs next week, as I've been waiting on a partner company making updates to their components in my packs.

The version.dll error can be ignored for the time being.

As for XviD, A new version of XviD was released a short time ago and is included in a test build 6.0.8 of the advanced codec pack (this may be better for you).
Another option is to set ffdshow to decode XviD (this used to be a good solution for files encoded with beta versions of XviD).

Test build 6.0.8: http://forums.cole2k.net/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=275&posts=4#M13...

NOTE: Always use the advanced codec pack for Windows Vista, the standard pack is very unlikely to work.

Hope that helps.

In future please state which of the packages from me you are using, I compile a number of different packages on this site.
dasimn
Posted 2/12/2006 4:28 AM (#1335 - in reply to #1333)

Thanks for the quick reply. I was previously using Cole2k.Media.-.Codec.Pack.V6.0.7.-Advanced-.Setup. I just tried with Cole2k.Media.-.Codec.Pack.V6.0.8.-Advanced-.Setup and got the same problem with Media Center crashing. I tried using ffdshow for xvid with the same problem.

When uninstalling I also received the below error (for both 6.0.7 and 6.0.8)

"DivXsm.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because qt-dx331.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Cole
Posted 2/12/2006 6:59 PM (#1337 - in reply to #1333)

Owner

The divxsm.exe, qt-dx331.dll error is caused when you've uninstalled one pack and then installed another without restarting first (files are deleted on restart by the uninstaller).

Have you tried any other files in Media center?
Cole
Posted 24/12/2006 2:46 AM (#1368 - in reply to #1333)

Owner

Version 6.0.8 of the Advanced and Standard codec packs have now been released on the main site.

The packs now support Windows Vista
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.062 | Executed queries : 9

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk