< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem with codecs for AAC 255
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

jezza
Posted 14/11/2006 9:46 PM (#1324)
Subject: Problem with codecs for AAC 255

I downloaded some files which told me i would need to be able to play aac 225 audio (with just the files and nothing else downloaded everything was fine except for a lack of sound), so i searched about and downloaded windows media player classic, however upon installing this everytime i used it to view my files my pc went blank and a no signal message came up on screen, which is what it does when it crashes. I had previously ironed out most of the things that caused crashing, but not entirely so i tried running this a few times, but the result was the same each time. So i uninstalled media player classic and tried again, result: no sound but no crashing. So i searched the net again and found a audio files codec set frome this site (something around version 5.4) however this resulted in my computer crashing when i tried to play the files, even worse, it also crashes whenever i use the latest windows media player now, because the problem is no longer a seperate program. I went to unistall this pack to find my pc had no uninstall option, and i searched through my computer to find the files and see if there was an uninstall. I couldnt find one, so i decided to update my codecs, that may be the route of the problem, so i came to the site and updated to the latest version, but this didnt improve the situation atall. Again i could also find no uninstall for this upgrade. I dont think it is a problem with the files i downloaded or a problem with any of the programs or codecs, i think it is just my computer being its usual annoying self (in the past i have had perfectly mundane things that refuse to run properly, but work on a nmber of other computers). So i was just hoping that someone either had a suggestion as to make my computer work with these codecs (which im really not expecting to happen) or just to tell me where to delete the files from or to find an uninstall.
Sorry for talking on for so long, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, jezza.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 15/11/2006 2:39 AM (#1325 - in reply to #1324)
Subject: RE: Problem with codecs for AAC 255

Owner

Hi,
It sounds like you've got huge problems there, which are probably registry related.

The uninstaller shortcut for the codec pack is located in the "Add/Remove Programs" dialogue, in "Control Panel".
If you cannot find that, another option is to run "Uninst.exe" which you should find in "C:\Windows\system32\C2MP"

I can't really offer a cure for your problem because it seems likely that much of your registry may be broken or corrupt. Re-installing Windows may be a good idea if you don't have any backups you can recover from.

To get some last minute use out of your system you may be able to use VLC Player, which can play a large number of file types without extra codecs etc.
The downside though is that its very basic and you may not be able to uninstall it again. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Hope that helps.
jezza
Posted 15/11/2006 4:09 PM (#1326 - in reply to #1324)
Subject: RE: Problem with codecs for AAC 255

Well, ive been able to uninstall the codecs now thanks. However my media player crashes with those files even though the play silent now, but it doesnt crash for the rest of my music and other videos, which is a plus. Additionally, the player you recommended plays the files with audio and without crashing.
Thank you so very much, my system is back to its ponderous state of survival, though im sure i will probably have to reinstall windows soon.
Thanks again, problem is solved in my eyes, jezza.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.062 | Executed queries : 10

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk