< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VISTA RC2 Build 5744
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> GeneralMessage format

Scubaman
Posted 5/11/2006 3:26 PM (#1315)
Subject: VISTA RC2 Build 5744

I'm trying to find a codec that will play mp4 files in Vista Media Centre. Trying to install Cole2K (advanced install) is causing problems eg Setup.exe: Entry Point not found - "The procedure entry point VerQueryValueA could not be located in the dynamic link library VERSION.dll". This is sounding suspiciously like a Vista OS identity problem.

Vista then tells me it is going to close the program because it has stopped working but pressing "Continue" brings up the "Choose Components" screen from Cole2K where I can select Cyberlink DTV Generic, pressing "next" brings up the ffdshow Video Settings; pressing "next" brings up the ffdshow Audio Settings.

Pressing "Install" installs about 60% before I get a repeat of the entry point problem and same error message. Pressing "OK" tells me Cole2K has stopped working again and pressing "Close Program" brings up the Installation Complete screen and that Cole2k has finished????

In Control Panel I now have 2 additonal icons for ON2 (6 & 7) but I cannot play mp4 and I'm unsure the codec has installed correctly?

Any suggestions? Help gratefully received...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 7/11/2006 8:16 PM (#1316 - in reply to #1315)
Subject: RE: VISTA RC2 Build 5744

Owner

Thanks for detailing the errors you're getting.
The problems you are seeing are caused by a mixture of things:

The version.dll error is caused by the way Vista identifies itself, the version.dll is only actually part of the pack in order to stop Windows 95,98,ME users from installing the package (In the case of an error the package itself will normally continue).

Are you using the 64bit version of Vista? The other error sounds like it could be halting the install of ffdshow.
Scubaman
Posted 7/11/2006 9:20 PM (#1317 - in reply to #1315)

Many thanks for the feedback. I'm using 32bit Vista - does that help you diagnose the second problem?

As to the first problem is it a matter of deleting the offending .dll file or will this upset other programmes?

As to what I was hoping to do - assuming I can install the package will I be able to view MP4 files in Vista Media Centre?

Best regards
Cole
Posted 7/11/2006 9:51 PM (#1318 - in reply to #1315)

Owner

Disregard the version.dll error, as I said its only for Windows version checking and removes itself after the package exits anyway.

The 64bit and 32bit versions of Vista are completely different when it comes to installing codecs, so it helps quite a great deal.

I'll have to look further into the second error.

If the package can be installed successfully it does support playback of MP4 files (As long as they aren't fake or non compliant).

Cole
Posted 24/12/2006 2:50 AM (#1370 - in reply to #1315)

Owner

Version 6.0.8 of the Advanced and Standard codec packs have now been released on the main site.

The packs now support Windows Vista
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.109 | Executed queries : 28

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk