< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Video Play Back Problems
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

SinBoy-666
Posted 31/10/2006 5:17 AM (#1309)
Subject: Video Play Back Problems

hi there im at a lost for this lovely Problem im haveing i dont think its bin a subject on here as i looked but here go's every time i play a video file being avi ect. i get a Green Screen when playing/or pop's up when it pop's up on my comp get's lagy big time and some time's my comp restarts by its self i bin to Nvidia and said i was useing there 91.47 Divers and they said to use 91.33 forceware bata Divers so i did still same thing haven't goting back to them (im useing your Codec Pack V6.0.7 Advanced set up was set to easy all be happy to send comp spec's to you if you like.

Edited by SinBoy-666 31/10/2006 5:19 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 31/10/2006 11:30 AM (#1310 - in reply to #1309)
Subject: RE: Video Play Back Problems

Owner

The green screen issue used to happen when components of DirectX were missing or file versions didn't match, but it wouldn't normally affect every video.
It can happen aswell if you have one of the unstable versions of XviD installed.
The problem can also happen if your systems processor is not powerful enough to decode the video and is known to happen if a graphics card's GPU has started to burn out (Usually ATI cards).

Considering your system is restarting for no real reason I would suggest looking for a hardware fault rather than software problems.
fernanjf
Posted 28/12/2006 1:43 AM (#1372 - in reply to #1309)

i seem to be having the same problem, but with all video files. I let windows update install the new media player 11, and ever since my video files have only audio. is there a codec that could have been damaged when i installed the new WMP that could have affected all types of video files?

all the files i tried to play worked before the new installation

i am running XP SP2
Cole
Posted 28/12/2006 3:44 PM (#1373 - in reply to #1309)

Owner

I've installed Windows Media Player 11 a number of times and havent lost the ability to play files in any instance.

I have heard of some instances where Media Player 11 fails to install correctly, so you may wish to try installing it again.
In the event that perhaps something else has gone wrong you may wish to re-install the codecs on your system too.
fernanjf
Posted 29/12/2006 11:28 PM (#1379 - in reply to #1309)

I have downgraded to WMP10 again and video still did not work, so i reinstalled WMP11 and then uninstalled the old cole2k codec pack, replacing it with a fresh download from your site. i still cant see any video. is it possible i damaged a video codec that is not covered by your package. is there a codec for video that comes with windows that i need to repair?
Cole
Posted 30/12/2006 4:35 AM (#1380 - in reply to #1309)

Owner

Do you have Nero 7 Premium installed on your system by any chance?
fernanjf
Posted 3/1/2007 7:10 AM (#1385 - in reply to #1309)

yes i do
fernanjf
Posted 3/1/2007 7:12 AM (#1386 - in reply to #1385)

sorry nero 6 premium, and the bundled video player aswell
Cole
Posted 3/1/2007 12:55 PM (#1387 - in reply to #1309)

Owner

Your problem is probably being caused by Nero Vision, it conflicts with every codec pack and almost every player around.

You will need to uninstall and re-install it, but choose the custom/advanced install option and unselect Nero Vision and/or any other playback component.
fernanjf
Posted 5/1/2007 5:40 AM (#1388 - in reply to #1309)

So i got rid of nero, and then uninstalled the codecs, then reinstalled the codecs and still no dice. can you think of anything else that may be conflicting? im considering just formatting the drive and reinstalling everything

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.093 | Executed queries : 30

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk