< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

video with ac3 now wont play sound v6.0.7 standard
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

chainsore
Posted 25/10/2006 10:29 PM (#1304)
Subject: video with ac3 now wont play sound v6.0.7 standard

i just got your codec pack v6.0.7 standard hoping my video viewing experience would be easier..well its not. now a video with ac3 codec has no sound, i already have the ac3 codec from ac3filter.net so will having this twice cause a problem? when installing your pack u sould detect possible clashes and warn us to uninstall stuff we no longer need if we get your codec pack, please help asap

incase it helps i also have the matroska file and ffdshow and xvid and lame
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 25/10/2006 11:01 PM (#1305 - in reply to #1304)
Subject: RE: video with ac3 now wont play sound v6.0.7standard

Owner

Hi,
There are a number of reasons for your problem:
The standard codec pack features ffdshow and having 2 instances installed will cause problems.
The open source AC3 filter will over-ride any other AC3 filter installed on the system.

Fix:
Uninstall ffdshow, ac3filter and my package, restart your PC (you absolutely must do this to remove locked files), then install the pack again.

Almost forgot, XviD and LAME shouldn't conflict but the Matroska splitter will.

Conflicts, warning etc:
When you first run the installer there is a brief warning about possible conflicts.
To detect and tell users to uninstall other packages could be considered malicious.
chainsore
Posted 27/10/2006 2:45 AM (#1306 - in reply to #1304)
Subject: RE: video with ac3 now wont play sound v6.0.7standard

i followed your advice and unistaled ffdshow, ac3filter your codec pack and matroska and restarted. i then got your pack again but all my videos that require ac3 still have no sound ! all other videos play fine with sound its just the ones saying they need ac3, please help everything was fine before i got your pack, as i said i had ac3 before and it worked ! i have windows xp windows media player 10 which was playing ac3 coded files fine before i got your pack..what has happened??? i only got your pack as an mp4 file i got had no sound and a help file with it suggested getting your pack( this is the first mp4 file ive downloaded and its likely to be the last if its gonna cause me this much hassle) ok so please figure out what to do cheers
Cole
Posted 27/10/2006 5:06 PM (#1307 - in reply to #1304)
Subject: RE: video with ac3 now wont play sound v6.0.7 standard

Owner

Hi again,
I've attached a patch to this post which will correct a known problem caused by conflicts from WinDVD.

If that doesn't work you may wish to try using ffdshow to decode AC3 and DTS audio as follows:
Click Start, goto Programs, then Cole2k Media - Codec Pack and select "ffdshow Audio"
Set AC3 in the list to "liba52" and DTS to "libdts"

Hopefully one will cure the problem for you.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Cole2k Media - Codec Pack V6.0.7 - InterVideo Patch 20061027.exe (76KB - 180 downloads)
chainsore
Posted 28/10/2006 5:44 PM (#1308 - in reply to #1304)
Subject: RE: video with ac3 now wont play sound v6.0.7 standard

hallelujah !! thanks cole my videos needing ac3 codec now have sound..i followed your advice re the patch and using ffdshow audio...for others to do the same to set ac3 in the list to liba52 double left click on isable and liba52 apears ( this wasnt clear) and the same for dts double left click on disable to see libdts. for your help in next few days ill add a link to your website from an article ive numbered 42 on www.beingahuman.blogspot.com this article lists the websites ive found useful in all my years of surfing heavily. search my archives to find it cheers cole
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.109 | Executed queries : 48

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk