< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DVD Shrink Issues
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

Adrian
Posted 29/8/2006 2:04 AM (#1252)
Subject: DVD Shrink Issues

Right at the end of the DVD Shrink Process, either during the "lead-in", "writing tracks" or "lead out", the program will spit the disk out and let me know that the DVD burn has failed. I have turned off all screen savers and such, bumped the DVD Shrink Priority to high and set my burn speed to the lowest setting (1x) and still it gives me the error message. I was successful in burning 4 DVD's so far and now any movie I try fails. I was using SONY DVD-R's and had to switch to Imation (ran out and Imation is cheaper), could the brand of media be the problem? Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-A
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 29/8/2006 3:39 AM (#1253 - in reply to #1252)
Subject: RE: DVD Shrink Issues

Owner

Your problem could be down to a few things:

In some cases burning a disc too slowly will cause errors because the laser intensity may be incorrect for the disc.

I notice that you're able to write at 1x speed so I'll take a guess that you have a writer that may be old and unfriendly with recent discs.

DVD Shrinks development stopped quite some time ago, so there are quite a few possible writer issues.

Please give a little more detail about your system.

Tip:

I'd suggest creating iso images with DVD Shrink, then burn the iso images with Nero.

Adrian
Posted 29/8/2006 3:38 PM (#1254 - in reply to #1253)
Subject: RE: DVD Shrink Issues

My DVD drive is a Sony 16x and is only about a year and a half old.
I've tried burning at 1x 4x and maximum, they all end up with the same error message I stated earlier. I just do not understand why it began saying that after I successfully copied 4 DVD's prior.
I will try buring the ISO file and see if that works. Could you give me a bit of direction on just how to burn the ISO file with Nero once I create it. I have no experience with that. Than you again for your help.

-A
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.062 | Executed queries : 10

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk