< Click the logo to return to the main page
+ More

Google
You are currently browsing the Forums
  Add to Favourites RSS Feed Main Site Knowledgebase Forums  
Search

Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ffdshow problems
Moderators: Cole

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Issues / ProblemsMessage format

sakurachan
Posted 29/1/2006 1:11 PM (#940)
Subject: ffdshow problems

after a while, for some reason, the four ffdshow codecs stop working. Is there a reason for this? I haven't done anything that may have affected the operation of the codec pack.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Link Bot
Related Links:

Bot

Cole
Posted 31/1/2006 10:53 AM (#945 - in reply to #940)
Subject: RE: ffdshow problems

Owner

If you uninstalled an older version of my pack and then installed a newer version without rebooting first that can happen.

When you uninstall the codec pack it sets files that were in use to be deleted when the system reboots, installing the new pack does not cancel that process.
Panzerblitz
Posted 29/5/2006 9:30 PM (#1147 - in reply to #940)

Hi, first of all thanks for your awesome codec pack.

I've a similar problem, the ffdshow doesn't work anymore. I unistalled the pack, with all programs closed, rebooted my computer and installed again the codec pack, and rebooted again the computer, but the ffdshow doesn't work anymore. I also set all stable formats to libvacodec, but it doesn't work. Prior to installing your pack for the first time I had the ffdshow and x264 decoder on my computer, but I unistalled those before installing the codec pack. I've also the x264 dlls on the winamp plugins folder.

Any ideas on how to get back to work the ffdshow?? Thanks in advance.
Cole
Posted 29/5/2006 11:06 PM (#1148 - in reply to #940)

Owner

It's a problem with ffdshows uninstaller (normally).

Heres a little more info on what causes it and also how to solve it:

The problem (Fails to work completely) is caused when differing versions of ffdshow files are installed on the computer.
The problem occurs when people uninstall ffdshow immediately after having used it, this causes the files to lock during uninstall and fails to complete ffdshows uninstall process.

Complete error run down:
"ffdshow.ax" gets left behind due to file locking (first possible point of error),
"ffdshow.ax" then fails to be replaced by the one in my package because of it's version/compile date (second possible point of error).
"ff_tremor.dll" & "ff_libfaad2.dll" can also be left behind by a problem uninstall of ffdshow (third possible point of error), this can lead to a loading problem for "ffdshow.ax" from my package because it does not feature it, upgrade it or uninstall it (causes a version conflict).

Sound crazy?

Ways to fix it (Most of the following actions will have been taken already by my packs uninstaller):

Firstly reboot your PC (to unlock any codes/filters etc. and to prevent any possibility of the dllcache restoring them)

Search your computer for files named "ff_" in "C:\Windows\system32" on Windows XP/2003/Vista, or "C:\WinNT\system32" on Windows 2000 and delete the following files if they exist:
ff_kernelDeint.dll
ff_liba52.dll
ff_libdts.dll
ff_libfaad2.dll
ff_libmad.dll
ff_realaac.dll
ff_samplerate.dll
ff_theora.dll
ff_tremor.dll
ff_unrar.dll
ff_wmv9.dll
ff_x264.dll
ff_vfw.dll
ff_vfw.dll.manifest

Other files that you may wish to find and delete are:
libavcodec.dll
libmpeg2_ff.dll
libmplayer.dll
TomsMoComp_ff.dll
ffdshow.ax
ffdshow.ax.manifest

Reinstall the codec pack and it should work perfectly for you.

Side Note: I will probably add the ability for my packs to carry out a clean up to stop this problem.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [10 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Seconds to generate: 0.156 | Executed queries : 48

Copyright © Cole Williams 1999 - 2024 | www.EnVision-Design.co.uk